Annons:
Tag:Β english-language
Read 1842 times
Evelina
2018-02-22 11:15

Is English your first language, second, third?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

English is my mother tongue! 

What about you? 

Let us know what your mother tongue is if English is not yours!

Annons:
Niklas
2018-02-22 11:49

English is my second language. Swedish is my first language.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2018-02-22 11:51

Or perhaps English is my third language. I am pretty sure I learned Basic before English, although basic also consist of English. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2018-02-22 13:19

English is my second language. Swedish is my first language.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Leia
2018-02-22 14:31

English is my only language! I wish I had learnt more growing up.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-02-22 15:09
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

In Sweden we are forced to learn English, a third language and to play the recorder in school.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2018-02-22 17:04

#4 Only? Scared
You live in Europe, don't you?
The most spoken language in Europe is German. (At least still)
Soon it will be Arabic, they say. Crying
It is to late for me to learn a fourth language.

Annons:
Leia
2018-02-22 23:17

#6 I live in England! Most people only speak the one language in my town.

All the best, Leia

Tealover
2018-02-23 06:53

#7 but don't English schools have a second language? Isn't french popular? My first language is Swedish, my second English. In school I also learned spanish and a Little bit of arabic (but I can only ask for the pen sharpener and order beer in spanish and say my name and that I am 14 years old in arabic). Japanese that I have learned after school is easyer since I'm moore interested and see more japanese movies etc. But still I'm better at understanding than Sperlingsgatan. γ‚γ‹γ‚ŠγΎγ™γ‹

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Emo
2018-02-23 07:30

Here in Sweden we have to understand more languages. I am an engeneer. 
Because Swedish is such a little language, we had to read English (American?) and Danish books at school (upper secondary school, high school).

Evelina
2018-02-23 08:23

In the US you only required to learn english and take one year of a foreign language. I chose Spanish. When I moved to Sweden three years ago I started learning Swedish. I would like to call it my second language but I am not fluent in it at all. I am studying Russian now, and have also studied French and Hungarian.

Niklas
2018-02-23 13:29

#6: That sounds like propaganda. As far as I know there are less than 15 million Arabs living in Europe. Unless there’s a big shift it is unlikely that there will be more Arab speaking residents than German speakers any time soon. Germany has a population of around 80 million. Most of them speak German. Austria and Switzerland have 8 million residents each. Then there are German speakers in other European countries as well.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2018-02-23 14:38

#11 When I studied German at the university of Lund in Lund, we learned that the fourth city with Turkeys (not the bird) was Berlin.
Do you know how it is nowadays?

Niklas
2018-02-23 15:33

In 2016 there were about 177,000 turks in Berlin but I have no idea where that puts them.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2018-02-23 17:45

Most often we have to learn either Spanish, French or German in England, I was not given the choice and had one lesson of French and one lesson of Spanish a week for three school years.

The teaching wasn't very effective and the only students who did well would be the ones that had lived there at one point.

All the best, Leia

Evelina
2018-02-23 23:10

#14 Once a week seems very ineffective. We had Spanish every weekday for an hour, so that wasn't much better. But we were only required to study it for two semesters, in other words, one school year.

Tammie
2018-02-26 04:07

When I was growing up we weren't required to take a foreign language in High school but I did have it in middle school. I learned a little bit of Spanish then. I don't even think I took it for a year. When I got married and moved to Sweden I did the best I could to learn Swedish in the year and half that I lived there. It has been over 30 years ago now and I have forgotten much of it. Sad

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2018-02-26 12:22

#16 Everyone here in Sweden speaks such good English, it makes it a little difficult to learn Swedish.

All the best, Leia

Emo
2018-02-26 13:15

#17 Heard that often.

Jenny
2018-02-26 21:17

My parents allways spoke swedish to me, since we live here so that is my mother tongue. But at the age of 4 I suprised them with speaking german just as good as I spoke swedish. My mother is from Germany and I always had the language around me since growing up, just that no one spoke to me in german before I was 4 Laughing When I started school I started learning english like anyone else but I sucked at it! When we got our grades in 8th grade, I even had a failing grade Scared Later on I picked up an online game, started interacting with others in english on it and improved my language skills over the years. Now I got a foreign boyfriend and we comminucate in english.

The sad thing is, I don't use german as much anymore, only swedish and english, so my german has gotten a bit rusty. I make alot of grammar mistakes when I talk and my writing is as bad as ever. Hopefully, since I once learnt it I would take up on it quickly again if I got into the eviroment. I still hear german on a almost daily basis πŸ™‚

Jenny
2018-02-26 21:18

#5 I never played the recorder in school! My music class teachers were sadly very found of the guitar instead Toungle

Annons:
vendelay
2018-03-15 00:14

Swedish is my first language, English my second. I've also studied German and Spanish - but I don't understand it at all tbh. Even though I studied Spanish for at least 4 years hehe.

I did play the recorder in like 3rd grade though Laughing We could chose between that or the guitar.

Leia
2018-03-16 15:46

#19 what is your boyfriend's first language?

All the best, Leia

Maddie
2018-03-20 08:17

English is my second language.

And why are we speaking about arabic and turks? Turks speak turkish, not arabic. 

I did not play the recorder in school, we played the ukulele. Mine was red. Laughing out loud

Jenny
2018-03-22 10:30

#22 Slovak πŸ™‚

Scroll to top
Annons:
Β