Annons:
Tagenglish-language
Read 2415 times
Evelina
2018-09-14 12:09

Tips for writing a journalistic article?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I joined an association at my university. I will be working on a magazine, which covers issues with international affairs. So I will be writing articles and editing other people's work. 

I am wondering if anyone has any tips for writing a journalistic article. I will be covering the recent Mexican election. They have a new leftist president, which is quite revolutionary compared to previous presidents.

Annons:
Tammie
2018-09-17 04:11

Wow, that sounds like an awesome opportunity to gain experience. I wish I had some expert advice to give you. I will keep a look out for any good articles on journalism and writing. Keep us updated!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-09-17 16:31

That sounds very exciting. Is it a print magazine or online?

William Strunk's The Elements of Style is my favorite book about writing in English. It is also in the public domain and therefore free to use and share.

» The Elements of Style by William Strunk - Free Ebook

Elements of Style is about writing in general and has bearing on journalistic writing as well. Associated Press Stylebook is what many global news organizations follow in their journalistic writing. You have to pay for it or find it at a library. There's an Amazon link at the bottom.

Below are links to some shorter guides for journalistic writing. I have sorted them by length, so the shortest is the first one.

» How To Write Like A Journalist - 4 Key Elements | FreelanceWriting

» Journalistic Writing

» The Associated Press Stylebook 2018

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-09-17 20:13

#2 Thanks for the info, it is a print magazine!

Scroll to top
Annons: