English Language

Learning apps for English

2019-03-12 14:01 #0 by: =^_^=

Hello beautiful people!
I'd like to get better at English and was wondering if you have any recommendations on good apps that teaches you the language?

2019-03-12 14:24 #1 by: Evelina

#1 I can’t give you any advice on the apps. I use Duolingo as a 1st step to beginner language learning, but I think you an advanced learner so it would be too easy for you.

I would recommend reading or listening to audiobooks, podcasts, the news and movies in English.

I think reading or listening to subjects that use unfamiliar vocabulary would help you expand your knowledge.

😊

2019-03-12 22:49 #2 by: Leia

I would have said Duolingo as well but your English seems to exceed that! I think the recommendations Evelina has made would be useful!

If you have a notebook you could write phrases or words you struggle with and we could help here on Savvity to help interpret them Glad

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2019-03-13 16:14 #3 by: =^_^=

Thanks to both of you! I got some good suggestions from a friend too, writing grocery lists and keeping a diary in English. I will do my best and hopefully get better! =^_^=

2019-03-13 19:52 #4 by: Niklas

I recommend Grammarly. You know enough to write well so an app that correct your spelling should get you to the next step. It's free to try.

» Grammarly keyboard app - if you aren't an English teacher

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.